It is december 22nd, Christmas’ Eve is in 2 days. You haven’t started/finished to buy the gifts yet. You stress, shops are crowded… No panic ! Here are some ideas to find last minute presents !
1. HEMA : My Dutch coup de coeur in Paris. This chain of stores – I already wrote about – was born in 1926 in Amsterdam and debarked in Paris in 2009 for our greatest happiness.
The concept ? Everything and at low prices. A mix of Ikea, Casa and Monoprix. Kitchen articles, clothes, make-up, office supplies, sweets, chocolates, stroopwafels (to test absolutely if you don’t know it yet!)… You must find a little something for GranPa, GrandMa, the little cousin or your little sister !
Shops in Rambuteau, Gare du Nord, Saint-Lazare, Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine… Find all the addresses here.
Photo : www.deco.journaldesfemmes.com
2. ATOUT-LIVRE : my “booky” coup de coeur. This bookshop in the 12th arrondissement is a real trap : you want to buy everything. The booksellers are pleasant, good advisers, you will necessarily find an appropriate book ! Then offer a novel you liked, because you want to share it with someone you love, isn’t it a nice present ?
But I have to warn you : it is almost impossible that you leave with nothing, but as you are in a rush, that is not the goal, isn’t it ?
Photo : www.atoutlivre.com
3. GALERIES LAFAYETTE : No need to present this inevitable store when you visit/live/shop in Paris. You will find : clothes, jewels, perfumes, decoration…
Opening on Sunday 23rd December until 8 pm and on Monday 24th December until 6 pm. Don’t be afraid of the crowd, be patient, and for sur you will find what you need !
For last minute ideas, the Galeries help you and give some ones…
Photo : haussmann.galerieslafayette.com
4. YELLOW KORNER : A nice place discovered in the Marais last year and opened in Saint-Lazare a few time ago. In this gallery you will find little and big pictures, in color, in black and white, landscapes, celebrities… Visit the gallery, look, enjoy, and find THE picture which will vit the bull’s eye !
The Saint-Lazare gallery will be opened on Sunday 23rd December until 8 pm and on Monday 24th December from 7:30 am to 7 pm.
Photo : http://fr.yellowkorner.com
5. FAUCHON et PIERRE HERME : Offer a coffret gourmand from the famous delicatessen and/or an assortment of macarons from the famous patissier. This(ese) sophisticated present(s) will please the gourmands for sur ! Rendez-vous on the yummy websites for more information : www.fauchon.com and www.pierreherme.com
Photo : www.fauchon.com
I hope that these ideas will help you. But I trust you : there a litte more than 48 hours left, you have survived the end of the world, and this is not the stress of the last minute gifts that will scare you ! Be brave ! And enjoy Christmas and New Year’s Eve !